What we do
This programme is run by Challenge & Adventure in partnership with HTP Apprenticeship College.
It is a full time education course for young people aged between 16 and 18 years old. The programme is designed for those who are not exactly sure what they want to do next and perhaps are not yet ready for a full time college course or employment.
These are aimed primarily at young people aged from 12- 16 years old who are referred to us by agencies on the Isle of Wight. Many lack confidence and have low self-esteem; some have difficulties engaging with school; and some are at risk of getting into trouble with the authorities.
Challenge & Adventure invites all young people who complete a ‘Challenge’ course with us to remain engaged with the charity.
Those aged 14+ can choose to work towards their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award with Challenge & Adventure
Forthcoming fundraising events
- Challenge 25 – throughout 2018 on 2 February, 2018 10:30 am
- Bike Weekend on 25 August, 2018
- Dog Days on 27 August, 2018 11:00 am
- Eklectica on 7 September, 2018
- Sweetcorn Fayre on 29 September, 2018
- Oktoberfest on 13 October, 2018 7:00 pm
- HUGE Challenging Quiz on 19 October, 2018 7:00 pm
- Chirstmas Fayre on 11 November, 2018
- 2018 Events on 31 December, 2018 11:35 pm
Wilderness Challenge 2012
A group of challenging and disadvantaged young people from the Isle of Wight take on the challenge of a lifetime with Isle of Wight charity Challenge & Adventure.