What we do
These are aimed primarily at young people aged from 12- 16 years old who are referred to us by agencies on the Isle of Wight. Many lack confidence and have low self-esteem; some have difficulties engaging with school; and some are at risk of getting into trouble with the authorities.
Every Friday evening during term time we invite young people who’ve completed a Challenge Course to take part in outdoor and other positive activities with Challenge & Adventure.
Challenge & Adventure invites all young people who complete a ‘Challenge’ course with us to remain engaged with the charity.
Those aged 14+ can choose to work towards their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award with Challenge & Adventure
Primary School & Junior Youth Group Activities
Forthcoming fundraising events
- Challenge the Wight on 24 June, 2017 6:00 pm
- Island Highland Gathering on 23 July, 2017 10:00 am
- Rotary Family Fun Day on 13 August, 2017
- 25th Anniversary Celebration on 20 September, 2017 6:00 pm
- Sweetcorn Fair on 23 September, 2017 10:00 am
- Sweetcorn Fair on 24 September, 2017 10:00 am
- Yuletide at Barton on 12 November, 2017 10:00 am
Wilderness Challenge 2012
A group of challenging and disadvantaged young people from the Isle of Wight take on the challenge of a lifetime with Isle of Wight charity Challenge & Adventure.